Intro

I've decided to start blogging again....have everything in the one place! Comments always welcome and thanks for looking!

Thursday 26 June 2014

June Theme Challenge 52CCT

I was chosen as last weeks winner over at 52CCT for this card here. Thank you so much 52CCT!



Onto this weeks challenge at 52CCT is to make a card with Rudolph as the theme!


I had to dig deep into my pile of stamps for a reindeer stamp and discovered I only had this stamp which came in a set from a magazine. The stamps are really poor quality which is highlighted even more when stamping a solid image. It was better after I sanded it a bit but still, not perfect. A lesson learnt...you get what you pay for!!

Simple layering of card stock and patterned paper with the stamped Rudolph hand cut and mounted on the front. I sprayed him with some shimmer spray but it doesn't show in the photo. I was going to give him an eye but wherever I placed the pearl he looked really odd so he has a bow instead!






7 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! I like the distressed edges and that reindeer is so sweet. I like the bow too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! SO cute!!! LOVE the sweet image and the bow tie you added! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean Pat about the stamps - but you have made it look like it was meant to be that way with all your awesome distressing and the papers. Terrific card!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win. Gorgeous card wish I could distress like that, I am too much of a sook afraid of hurting the paper. LOL
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful card Pat, I love those distressed paper edges, they add such fab texture and interest! The red bow on the deer is a lovely festive touch - he's very dapper indeed!
    So lovely to have you playing along with us again, see you next week too I hope! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pat! It's shabby, chick and incredibly cute! Thanks for joining our June Theme challenge at 52 {C}CT. Hope you’ll be able to join this week’s Stash challenge. Have a great weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the win Pat. Another great card, the pattern papers mix really well.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete