Intro

I've decided to start blogging again....have everything in the one place! Comments always welcome and thanks for looking!

Friday 11 April 2014

Mixed Media -Kaisercraft Sugar Pop

One of my club ladies likes mixed media pages but lacks confidence! So this is for her using next scrap club kit.

Here's my finished page and quick tutorial:-






  1. Tear a few strips of patterned paper
  2. Spread some gesso on your cardstock base, concentrating on the central area.
  3. While that is still wet place the strips of paper on top so that the Gesso acts like glue. Leave to dry
  4. The papers may curl up a bit but don't worry about that. Its not supposed to be perfect!
  5. Painted on a layer of Gesso over the top of the papers. Not too thick, just so you can still see the patter/colour underneath. Leave to dry. Looking a mess? Keep going......
  6. Using a stencil/mask (I used Kaisercraft Doily template) and a pallet knife, spread some texture paste over the mask. Lift off carefully. Clean the mask. Leave the page to dry.
  7. Using shimmer mists/sprays (I used Radiant Rain, remember those!)  spritz some colour over the page. Take the nozzle out and use it as a tool to make a different effect too. Leave to dry. Still looking a mess? Keep going!
  8. Rub in some colour to make the stencil really pop. I used three colours of Treasure Gold: Royal Amethyst, Silver and Sapphire. Still some left on my finger I spread it around the edges of the page too. A little goes a long way!
  9.  Now to add your photograph/s and embellishments! I've die cut some clouds/leaves. Added a strip of white ribbon, some handmade clay embellies, bakers twine, paper flowers, brads. Some words and a die cut title. Done!
Hope you like it!

4 comments: